Stake, Fix, Hold, and Reinforce Critical Components on Printed Circuit Boards
Wire tacking and ruggedizing adhesives cure in seconds upon exposure to UV/Visible light energy to provide optimal protection of printed circuit board components. The “on demand” cure feature of the products makes them ideal for manual applications such as edge bonding and reinforcement, where precise placement and immediate strength is critical.
The materials hold vital components on PCBs, such as Ball Grid Arrays (BGA) and Video Graphics Arrays (VGA), and are designed for secondary processes or for long-term reliability. The adhesives also help enhance shock and vibration resistance of electronic assemblies. Additionally, the products ensure that printed circuit boards remain intact throughout manufacturing and assembly qualification, as well as service environment for the duration of the product lifecycle.
Typical applications include and held electronic devices, mobile phones, laptop computers, gaming consoles, GPS (global positioning systems), and digital music players.
Benefits vs Underfill or Heat-Cure Epoxies
- Fast, ambient dispense and cure in seconds
- Easy rework – adhesive leaves no residue on solder pads or between solder balls
- Enhance PCB life
- Eliminate leadless component (BGA/VGA) interconnect cracking due to CTE mismatch
- Reduce stress on interconnects during push, pull, shock, drop, and vibration
- Post reflow application
- Simple visual inspection
Benefits vs Component Reinforcement Adhesives
- Cure in seconds
- Engineered bead shape for wetting both board surface and component edge without seeping
into shadowed area
- Highly thixotropic for zero movement prior to cure
- Low modulus for minimal stress in component interfaces
- Available with See-Cure Technology
- Exhibit improved bond strength for die and pry testing
- Halogen free
- Silicone free
- RoHS Compliant
|Dymax has halogen-free formulations. We offer a wide variety of halogen-free conformal coatings, adhesives, encapsulants, and potting materials.|